At MIDHANI,vacuum melting and casting of alloys mainly Superalloys and special steels carried out in vacuum induction melting furnace meeting the requirements of International standards.
Types of Castings :
- Equiaxed, Vacuum Melted / Vacuum Cast
- Equiaxed, Vacuum Melted /Air Cast
Size of the Castings:
- Length : 350mm max
- Diameter: 250mm max
- Weight: 20kg max
Alloys for Castings:
- Superalloys Superni (718/713C/C-276/80A) ZS6KP, ZS6Y, Stellite-6 etc.
- Special Steels – Stainless Steels MDN 202, 301, 310, 3041, 3161, 321, 410, 420 etc.
- Low alloy steels 15CDV6, CLA grades, EN 8, EN 24 etc.
- Continuous induction shell heating facility up to 1250°C during vacuum melting and pouring. This is needed for producing thin walled castings.
- High vacuum level up to 1 micron, necessary for producing casting free from gaseous defects and inclusions.
- Associated facilities and expertise available for various types of heat treatment viz annealing, normalizing, hardening and tempering.