Each department/organization covered under the normal advisory jurisdiction of the Central Vigilance Commission has a vigilance department headed by a senior level officer designated as the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO). The Chief Vigilance Officer is appointed with the concurrence of the Central Vigilance Commission. The Chief Vigilance Officer acts as an extended arm of the commission and represents the commission in all vigilance matters. The CVO acts as link between the Organization and CVC. Responsibilities of CVO are to maintain probity, integrity and efficiency in the Organization. CVO acts as watchful eye to curb corruption, misconduct, negligence, waste & wrongful loss to the Organization.
Role, Duties and Responsibilities of Vigilance department in brief:
• Examine the existing Organization procedure and eliminate or minimise factors that provide opportunities for corruption or malpractices and suggest remedial measures.
• Plan, conduct regular inspections and surprise visits.
• Identify sensitive posts, plan regular and surprise inspections of such posts.
• Preparation of Agreed List and List of Officers of Doubtful Integrity.
• Investigation of Complaints.
• Grant of Vigilance Clearances.
• Review of Property Returns.
• Maintain close liaison / interaction with CVC, CBI, and Administrative Ministry on vigilance matters.
For suggestions (or) complaints please contact:
DR. UPENDER VENNAM, IPoS
Chief Vigilance Officer,
MISHRA DHATU NIGAM LIMITED (MIDHANI),
Hyderabad – 500 058.
Phone no : 040-29568510
Fax : 040-29568511
email : cvo[at]midhani-india[dot]in